Sunday, 31 May 2009

Busy time.

I haven't posted this week as I've been rather busy.

My youngest daughter, Phoebe, and I went up to London for a few days to visit my son and his wife. Phoebe did a bit of clothes shopping and I did some bead shopping (you can tell I've got my priorities right). We did a few other touristy things too. We visited the Sir John Soanes Museum. He was a very distinguished architect born in 1753 but also a collector of all sorts of art and antiquites. It's a fascinating house, some rooms are just ordinary but very lovely living rooms but others are a private museum. It is well worth a visit. http://www.soane.org/

We also went to the London Glassblowing Centre and watched as some water jugs were made. Again it is a trip worth making as you can just sit in the workshop for as long as you want and watch the glassblowers doing their magic. http://www.londonglassblowing.co.uk/

Since we got home I have had to tidy the workshop, a necessary evil as I had two students for a beadmaking lesson yesterday.

Now I'm looking forward to a week of beadmaking, and no doubt a bit of jewellery making.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stuff, very talented. I've tagged you over on my blog..check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Whoops!

I've been working hard at updating my Etsy shop regularly but seem to have completely neglected my Blog. I must try harder. Anyway th...